My Green Blog

Follow the link and see my green blog!
http://greenshannonmarie.blogspot.com/

March 26, 2009

Sandbagging

Well tomorrow morning (Friday) I am headed to Fargo to help with whatever is needed in the flood efforts. I'll possibly be sandbagging, shoveling, running supplies back and forth and helping where help is needed I guess. I have no clue what the area looks like or how long some of the volunteers have been helping. Hopefully I can help by letting others take a break or help in saving even one small building or home.

I'll be taking some pictures if I have time as I am bringing a work camera with me. I'm just thankful that I have a job that allows me to (a) assist a community in need, (b) get paid for helping and (c) I have great people who are helping me with Cole while I am volunteering. A big thanks to my mom, Sara, Jen, Rod, Jeremy and my dad!! I will let you all know what my impression of the efforts is when I get back. As for now I am going to bed, I have to be to the LEC early, we're leaving at 6:30 a.m.!

No comments: