My Green Blog

Follow the link and see my green blog!
http://greenshannonmarie.blogspot.com/

May 24, 2012

The official times are in!

Every spring since 2009 I have ran in an event called '5K for the 3 Day'. An event that supports the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk. My best time to date is 27:24 for the 5K (3.2 miles). But since I haven't been running or jogging, just walking lately, I decided instead of opting out of the race completely I would walk it. My friend Michelle even came to visit and walk with me. It was a beautiful day to walk by the lake with friends for a great cause.

I checked our time today and had a walking time of 44:29! That's a pretty good pace considering Michelle was pushing a stroller and I am pregnant (barely showing of course, but still pregnant). Just under a 14 minute mile is a pretty steady pace. So happy the baby got to participate in its first 5K and I'm hoping to run it next year with a jogging stroller!

Another activity I have done each year for the past three years is the Minnesota Law Enforcement torch run for Special Olympics. We run from Bagley, MN to Bemidji, MN (approximately 28.6 miles) alternating runners. I usually sign up to run 3 miles just because it seems to be a good number for me. This year I decided again, instead of opting out, to run 1 mile!  Some of the guys (mostly male runners) who run are so out of shape that this is the only time they run all year. If they can do it, I can do it. I feel like I'm in good enough shape to make it 1 mile and maybe 1/2 mile at the very end to run in with the group. So excited for June 15th!

This baby is sure helping good causes and starting out with a healthy lifestyle, love it!

No comments: