My Green Blog

Follow the link and see my green blog!
http://greenshannonmarie.blogspot.com/

May 14, 2014

May 2014 Resolution


I'm a little late to the game this month. I've been meaning to get my resolution out there. My goal/resolution for May!? Expand the garden! This would normally go on the green blog, but since it's a resolution it will start here.

My garden has slowing expanded the past 3 years my husband and I have been married. I am proud of it. No chemicals have touched my dirt. I have been able to grow more variety and produce more veggies each year. I have been able to feed my family and make a large amount of baby food, salsa, spaghetti sauce, and casseroles with the organic produce that comes from my back yard. Love it. Makes me happy.

Our garden was about 30x30 feet. It will now be expanded to 60x30. I have started: eggplant, habanero and bell peppers, and melons. These little seedlings are tucked away in my bathroom, by the only window that gets light in a spot that I can leave them out to grow. In the garden, I have transplanted raspberries, and planted new blueberry bushes and rhubarb plant. I have raked and raked to get ready for planting.

Cole and I have shoveled and shoveled and shoveled, getting 3 large stumps out. We have 3 left to go. All by hand but will be worth the effort; guaranteed. Plus, Cole gets paid a little for helping (as long as there is no complaining!)

So there it is! I'll post pre-post pictures when I get everything planted. Seventeen days to go!

No comments: