My Green Blog

Follow the link and see my green blog!
http://greenshannonmarie.blogspot.com/

January 22, 2014

100 Days of Workouts - Day 14 - January 22, 2014

Half way through the busy week!

I was going to do a weight lifting day today as my calves are a little sore from the elliptical machine yesterday. I decided to do both instead.

My issue: the ellitiptical machine at work is not my friend. The balls of my feet and toes tend to fall asleep or go numb-like when I use it for more than 20 minutes. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of shoes I wear and it happens every time I get in a longer workout.

I looked online a little bit and found it is a common problem. I tried to take my feet off the pedals more often and moved my feet back a bit. I lean forward anyway while working out just because it seems to be worse if I stand up and use the arms bars. Hopefully I get to the point where it doesn't happen any more. Maybe I'll just have to take breaks at the 20 minute mark and do my lifting or ab workouts for 10 minutes. It will be a work in progress I guess!

Day 14 Workout
36 minutes elliptical (4miles)
lat pull down 50 lbs x 12 - 4 reps
triceps 5 lbs 30 rotating lifts - 4 reps
dumbbell ext 25 lbs x 12 - 4 reps
back ext x 15
dumbbell side bend 25 lbs x 100 each side


And on another note, a co-worker commented today that I look like I've lost weight!
I haven't lost any 'weight' but must be looking smaller. Go, me!!



No comments: